PacRim Calendar of Events
This will be an initial meeting to provide information to interested participants, form the committee and create assignments for tasks.
If you have any interest in attending PacRim 2016 in Nakhodka, Russia as a sailor or and ambassador, or would like to participate as a member of the planning committee you should plan to attend this meeting.
PacRim 2018 Planning Meeting, Racers Meeting to Follow
We will look at clothing and wrap up loose ends from the past meeting. A short meeting with the racers will follow this meeting.
Proposed Format of the Regatta
- Race format will be windward/leeward and/or Olympic courses.
- Race boats will be Noelex 25 class boats. These are trailered centerboard boats.
- Two boats per country with teams of four sailors per boat.
- Each boat will also have an owner or owner representative aboard.
Proposed Schedule of Events
- Friday 9th March 2018: Opening Ceremony and welcome from the Mayor of Tauranga followed by BBQ meal
- Saturday 10th March:Practice Day
- Sunday 11th March: Races 1 and 2
- Monday 12th March: Races 3 and 4
- Tuesday 13th March: Races 5 and 6
- Wednesday 14th March: Lay day – Local sightseeing and Clubnight racing
- Thursday 15th March: Races 7 and 8
- Friday 16th March: Race 9, closing ceremony, prize giving by Mayor and formal banquet
Eligible teams shall enter by:
- Sending completed Entry Form and paying all fees by 1st June 2020 to the Organizing Authority.
- Entries received on 2nd June to 1st July 2020 will be considered as late entries and will accepted with the additional fee.
- Provided that the appropriate payments have been made, clubs may substitute sailors or participant team members at any time.
- Information about payments transfer will be made available at the due time.
- The non-refundable entry fee is 300 USD for each member or accompanying person attending the event, whether or not a sailing crew member.
- Late entry fee is 350 USD.
- An initial damage deposit of 1000 USD shall be paid in cash at registration, unless extended by the OA. This deposit is the maximum payable by the skipper as a result of any one incident.
- (a) If a deduction from the damage deposit is decided by the OA, it may require that the deposit be restored to its original amount before the skipper will be permitted to continue in the event.
- (b) Any remaining deposit after the event will be refunded as soon as possible after the event.